10 Foods you can make in a coffee pot.
this was cheap food prepared in as cheap a manner as possible. But I had touched just the tip of the iceberg. It turns out there are plenty of foods you can whip up with a Mr. Coffee and some bravery. Our favorites are below. Keep in mind that when cooking with unconventional methods, you run the risk of producing sub-par food and maybe exposing yourself to the dangers of undercooked food. Attempt at your own risk, read with an open mind.
Brocoli cheddar cheese soup.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
adapted from Sugarcrafter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chicken stock (I used bouillon cubes + boiling water)
- 1/2 lb fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded and chopped
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces grated Colby jack cheese (I used Velveeta)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot Sauce (optional)